Setup Additional Local Storage Server
This guide explains the process for setting up an additional local storage server, using an alternative path to /files/.
- Mount your new local storage point on your server, for example /mnt/drive1
- Create a symlink from the script /files/ folder to your new drive. i.e:
ln -s /mnt/drive1 /home/admin/yoursite/public_html/files/drive1
- Ensure the new storage path has write permissions.
- Then in the admin area, file server settings, add a new local server. Set the path as files/drive1/. (this path should always be relative to the script, the forward slashes are also important)
- Ensure you've set the server as active via the site settings.
If you're having issues uploading files, ensure you don't have
enabled via php.ini and/or have the new path included.